Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Fave Five

Another week that has flown by me....Not much as gone on here this week, so this won't be one of my most exciting lists. For More Exciting Lists..Visit Susanne's Place

1) Our local Ice Cream Shop - Not feeling well after a long day on my feet, a humongous Banana Split did the trick! I might need some more of that magic tonight ;)

2) My Church Family - With Lent starting this week, we have more time together that we usually do, and I have had a blast with them! Not to mention, the Youth program has been so good to my Big Guy, I am forever Thankful for having them in our life!

3) My new friend Kim - She has become such a good friend to me and I am very grateful that the Lord had led me to her ;) Oh, and just in case you haven't noticed....She also created my new Rockin' Blog!!!!!!

4) Our little Thrift Shop in town - I think I may have posted this once before, but since I accidentally deleted most of my past blogs....I am starting anew! I have been finding such treasures there, I have really enjoyed going. From finding my treasured rocking chair to clothes for the kids & myself to little crystal serving pieces..... My only problem is, I enjoy going to much and find myself just stopping to see what is new every day!!! Now, that I think about it, I haven't gone yet today...hmm...

5)Warmer weather - Yes, the wind is still kicking and warm to us right now is 50 degrees, but Thank Heaven for it! I the kids were in desperate need of going outside to run and play and get rid of some that energy!



Big Guy doesn't seem to get as much Blog time as the littler ones, so I thought I would post a pic of him this week :O) The funny part of this Pic is that right before and right after this pic was taken he was laughing hysterically, but went into ROTC mode as soon as the camera turned on!




12 comments:

Willow said...

I love that photo! My son's Army entrance week photo has the very same expression. Even now that he's a captain, if he's in uniform and the lens is pointed at him, there's no smile. :)

The Correspondent said...

Mmm ... Banana splits, a new friend, and thrift stores. Sounds like a wonderful week, Melissa!

I hope your weekend is a great one, too.

Pam said...

Great list, Melissa. I think your blog is "ROCKING" too. Sure enjoyed visiting from Susanne's place today.

I'm a big thrift store shopper, too. A bargain always lifts my spirits.

Have a great weekend and drop by my place any time!

Brenda said...

Sounds like a good week. Ice cream always makes me feel better too!

sushi_noem said...

I also LOVE thrift stores:) Thanks for the ideas on my blog, I think the tent is a perfect idea for "quiet time" this afternoon!

A Psych Mommy said...

Don't the local ice cream shops have the best! Nothing like the chain stores!

proudgrits11 said...

Ooo, I loooove thrift store shopping! Can't say ice cream is super-appealing to my pregnant belly--but I can sure appreciate it from before!!

Jerralea said...

I want to go to a thrift store! Great pic of the Big Guy.

Thanks for visiting my blog AND for sharing about Thin Mint Cookie Ice Cream.

Susanne said...

I think I need one of them banana splits! My son works at the DQ. Maybe I'll hint really hard tonight.

Kim made you a great blog. Love the header with the pics of your kids!

Jensmere said...

Hi Melissa...enjoyed reading your list and the new look really does rock!

Thanks for coming over to my blog! Hope that you will always find a reason for joy there!

Bless you,
Susan

Gombojav Tribe said...

Well, I think that kind of magic is right up my alley. Gonna have to go to Cold Stone and get me some of that!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy FF5!

Homesteader in Training said...

You know a banana split can cure just about anything! LOL. Your blog is beautifu. Kim did a great job!
Oh and I so enjoying going to thrift stores. They are the best!
Big hugs my friend.