Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Feel the Earth Move under My Feet.....


That is what keeps playing in the back of my mind..Because that is how I am feeling right now...MOVED! I have not felt this way in quite some time now. And I don't think it is for just one reason or individual, but I think a collection of all the blessings I have been given over the last few days.

To start, I had a great week sharing with good friends, then I finally had a Dr's appt that ended with hope. No, I don't have any relief physically yet, but emotionally I feel like an incredible weight has been lifted. Then my week continued with good times sharing and seeing my oldest turn into such a young Respectable, Jesus loving man. He has taken great pride in participating in the R.O.T.C. and it had shown during his parents night on Thursday and he then was off to a Youth Retreat this weekend with our church, another one of his great prides...being a part of a wonderful ministry. I was originally filled with guilt this morning when I told the younger ones, we were going to sleep in today and not attend Worship this morning. I knew my Pastor was on the retreat, and selfishly I did not attend partly because of that (and the dreary,cold weather didn't help either). Then, this morning I was lead to Roberta's testimonies, and Praise God, I felt the Earth move. Through her journey and her reference to scripture, I felt like I had witnessed a sermon this morning even though I did not attend worship at UMC. Of course, Roberta's testimony will not take the place of my weekly Worship, but as for today, it was just was I needed and where the Lord had guided me to.

So, with all these wonderful experiences this week, I have been transformed. I feel this wonderful sense of hope that I have not felt in quite a long time. I have missed it. I have longed for it. I will bask in it.


At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever. His dominion is an eternal dominion; his kingdom endures from generation to generation - Daniel 4:34

2 comments:

Homesteader in Training said...

I am so glad you got to read my Mom's testimony. Isn't it wonderful? I am always inspired by it when I read it!
Be blessed my friend.
Kim

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Great post!

God bless you all,

Mark Seay
LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider following our blog.