Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday Fave Five

To read more Friday Fave's or write your own, Visit Susanne's Place!!



Wow! After a week I have had, I actually thought about just skipping this week..then I realized the whole importance for this meme and even more the reason to write it!


1)Snow Days - Yes, I know, last week I was praising warmer weather, and right now I would prefer it, but hey! When God gives you snow...Build a Snowman!

2)Laughter - While in the ER waiting for my Nan to be admitted, my mother and I, possibly from lack of sleep and stress, were able to laugh! And without her and her laughter, I would be a lost soul. Not to mention, it sure did lift my dear Nan's spirits!

3)Weekend Plans - Aaaahh, the silver lining of a not so wonderful week! Mom, Dad, DH, T & myself our going to a dinner/gift auction Saturday night, which should prove to be some wonderful celebration for this darn week to come to an end

4)Sweet Victory - For Big Guy, that is! Saturday, we went to what may be his last ROTC Drill competition in his Freshman year. He had worked so hard to be one of the few Freshmen on the Trick Team (the guys who spin the rifles, I had no clue until this year either!) and out of 15 very talented schools, their team won 2nd place in that competition! He was so proud and that made the 2 hour drive there soo worth it!

Big Guy is the one in the middle with the BIG smile!



5)Chamomile Tea - I am battling a terrible cold and HOT tea with honey seems to be my only relief!

Maybe not the most exciting list of the bunch, but this has sure proved to make my not-so-hot week look not-so-bad! Thanks Susanne for hosting!


12 comments:

Betty said...

Doesn´t it just feel so great to see your children happy? You son looks so proud, and I bet you are too!
I like the way you see the good in things. "God give you snow...build a snowman" I love that!

Brenda said...

Try a little fresh ginger smashed up in your camomile tea and it will give it a zing that ought to clear up your sinuses :)

Robin said...

Good for you - looking for the good in a "not-so-good" week. I know from experience that this really helps!
Good job to your son! I visited Arlington National Cemetary not long ago - how impressive those young soldiers doing military drills at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier are! It just gives me chills to see them.

Jerralea said...

I'm so glad you were able to find highlights in your week! Laughter is truly one of God's greatest gifts.

Susan said...

Thanks so very much for visiting our Hands & Hearts for HIM frugal blog and adding it to your favorites. We are new at this but eager to share and get to know you.
Susan

proudgrits11 said...

hope you feel better soon!! I, too, almost skipped this week--but being grateful is definitely a mood-booster! Thanks for sharing!

gail@more than a song said...

Tea with honey is good when you're sick! Good for you finding good when your week hasn't been good....hope the weekend is fun!

Karyn said...

Big Guy looks so pleased...as I'm sure you were, as well.

Stopping to notice the things we have to be thankful for is a great way to end a 'bad' week, isn't it?

Thanks for your comments on my post

Susanne said...

I love that: when God gives you snow, build a snowman!

I love your list. Especially because of the rougher week you had. I hope your Nan will be allright!

jan said...

I love your winter version of "when God gives you lemons make lemonade". :-)
My mom was such an optimist. We could laugh together about virtually anything, just like you and your mom.
Congrats to your son! You must be so proud of him...
hope you feel better soon!

ellen b. said...

Hi melissa!
Laughter is such good medicine!!
How great for Big guy's victory.
I hope you feel better soon and that the dinner is a fun and relaxing evening for all of you...

Jensmere said...

Hi Melissa...sorry that you have had such a tough week! will be praying for your Nan...enjoyed reading your list and the pictures!

Bless you,
Susan