Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reading is FUN!

I am just Lovin' the Library! It took me quite some time to really take advantage of all the great resources that were provided! It is just full of wonderful things.

*Free Access! With my library card, I can visit and check out books in all the Library's in the County who participate with the program! And the best part? They can be returned at my home Library!

* FREE Programs every week for the kids. They were a bit leery at first, but love them now!

*Special reading programs each month! This month a Great Dane is coming in that loves to be read to by children!

* Free Dvd's! You can't beat it! All the new hits and the great old ones too! And we get them for TWO days! Beat that RedBox!

* Request slips! Boy have we used up our share! Drama Diva has requested/watched two Seasons of Home Improvement thanks to those handy slips!

* Textbooks! No more "I forgot my book in school"!! They have all the books from the school at the ready!

*Books! Of course! I have been reading like crazy and no longer have to buy books! I NEVER read a book twice, so it was such a waste!

*Internet Access! Whether you need to look up a particular book or subject, the computer is at your fingertips!

*Librarians! They are so helpful always! They always seem to know exactly what I am looking for! They are also a great resource to find out what the good books are! I just love to pick their brain :O)

5 comments:

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

I love the library! We go there all the time. But I am ashamed to admit how much money I spend in late fees. I just think I am helping to support a worthy cause ;)

Brimful Curiosities said...

April 12-18th is National Library Week. You'll have to repost this one!

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for sharing that with us! Amen & amen!

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog -or- atleast grab one of our free, linking, blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

Lori said...

I couldn't agree more! Our library is within walking distance and I love how I can reserve items online as well. :)

And good to know about Nat'l Library Week as well!

Susanne said...

I love the library. When I go, I can get lost in it for hours.