Sunday, March 22, 2009

Trying to keep up my spirits

I get like this every time....it starts a few days before...Ugh..Little Guy goes into the Hospital Tuesday for more MRI's. The procedure itself isn't too bad. He does have to be sedated for over an hour, but this seems to be like old hat around here lately..it is the RESULTS that don't get any easier waiting for. He has been experiencing more and more frequent headaches, has been put back on the meds for the pain, and what makes me even more uneasy is hearing the Doctor referring to "it" as a TUMOR..No one wants to hear that word in the same sentence as their child's name. I know we have a great Doc and have already met with a wonderful Neuro-surgeon (another word you wish not to be associated with your child's name) and we will do what we have to do, but..Ugh :( When me and my husband decided that we should have any more children after complications with Little Guy after birth, it was not a decision we took lightly. Now looking back, I thank the Lord for guiding me to that difficult decision. We just knew, well, I knew myself that I was not able to give myself to any more than children the Lord had blessed us with. I could not emotionally and physically be there if I was to have another child. Some mothers can and do, but for me, I knew that it was not fair to my kids if I couldn't. And Praise God we did, because shortly after, Drama Diva was diagnosed with Diabetes & Little Guy's health became more of an issue. I once had a friend who sadly, just couldn't understand that. So, now I am trying to keep my cool until Tuesday morning...the upside is that I stress..I CLEAN! So, the silver lining?? I guess a sparkling house and hopefully a wonderful report from the Doc...

3 comments:

The Real Me! said...

My friend I am so sorry. I always told my husband that having kids is like having your heart walk around outside your body. I can't stand it when they hurt. I will be in prayer for your son. I know that isn't easy to deal with. If you need anything, let me know okay?
Blessings and hugs from me today!
Kim

Lori said...

I'm so sorry! I'm not fully up to speed re: your little guy's health challenges, but I feel for you and will pray for him.

Melissa said...

Thanks girls!! I really aprreciate it!