Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What I learned this Week

Well, I have been this awful cold for about 2 weeks now, and I still have this yucky cough :( Ya know the one that keeps you up ALL night long! I don't like to take a medicine that will knock me out during the night, DH and Drama Diva are both Diabetics and I usually roam in the middle of the night to check on them.

Anyhow...What I Learned this Week!!


Vics Vapor Rub on the bottoms of your feet before bedtime does the trick!! It really does! It is a bit potent, DH said he had to make sure his head stayed above the covers because of the stench, I happen to like the smell :D This may have been posted before, I actually may have read it? I am not sure?Blogs seem to run together after awhile for me..but I find this to be a valuable tip for any Mom who would like to get a good night sleep with the harsh cough syrups!!

If you would like to read more or write your own, go to Musings of a Housewife




14 comments:

JenT said...

I have been using that lately too. Not for myself, but for a few children and dh. But I put it on their chests. Just a little. The next morning they are much better.

Kelly said...

I so did not know this!! I will have to try it!! I think our colds are all winding down! For how long... that will remain to be seen. Have a good week!

jen@odbt said...

I've always rubbed it on the chest area. Does rubbing it on your feet make it work better? That is interesting and something new! I hope you feel better soon.

Jennifer said...

I've heard this before but never knew anyone who tried it. It is a must know cause my son is sick now and has terrible cough. Thanks for the tip!

Happy Tuesday!

Lori said...

Thanks for the tip! I've heard this before but never known anyone who has tried it. Hope you feel better soon! I was sick for practically the entire month of Feb and I feel your pain. :)

Wendy said...

Bottoms of the feet, huh? That's really interesting! My daughter is diabetic, too, and I don't like giving her sugary cold medicine. I'll have to give this one a try!

The Real Me! said...

You gotta love Vicks! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well my friend. We all had that about 3 weeks ago! It's definitely going around.
Big Distant size hugs! LOL.
Kim

Such The Spot said...

On your feet? Really? I'm a big fan of it on the chest, but I'd never heard of putting it on your feet. Huh. Thanks.

JanMary said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

On your feet?!!! Never heard of that before :)

MamaNeena said...

I actually do this with the kids when they are sick and it works wonders. Such a great trick that does not involve loading them up with medicine!

Musings of a Housewife said...

You know, I have NEVER tried Vicks VapoRub. I will have to remember this.

Amy said...

I have heard that too...I need to try it. My little boy has been sick with the nasty cold.

Amy said...

I forgot to add, I tagged you in my blog today! Check it out..

fortyb4forty said...

You're the 5th person to mention the vicks vapor rub trick. I have not tried it but am considering it as a possibility in the future.