Tuesday, March 3, 2009

What I've Learned This Week..so far

*UPDATE* Sorry Girls, I forgot to add the details!
I use 1/2 cup for Whites & 1/4 cup for Colors
I have found a little really goes a LONG way :)




Well, this is my first time trying this, but I figure, I sure hope to learn something new each week!

Bleach or Vinegar for Washing Whites?


For as long as I have been doing laundry, I have a been a bleach lover. My kids always had the whitest undershirts! But I have noticed my clothes looking dingy and looking on the web I learned that bleach can do that after time! Then I also discovered Vinegar was a better choice for the kids Asthma (all 3 have it!) and their sensitive skin and not to mention it is a Green Living choice! So...I took the challenge 2 weeks. I figured that enough time for everything to cycle through the wash at least twice and I could see the progress or disaster! Well, I am pleased to say that Vinegar won me over! My whites are brighter for sure, I can use on color clothes to get out tough stains, and all the clothes, surprisingly, come out smelling sooo fresh!
What I've Learned this week? - Vinegar works better then Bleach!

To Learn More this week.... visit Musings of a Housewife





10 comments:

jen@odbt said...

Great tip and love that it works on colors too. I'm assuming you used white vinegar and not good ol' cider. How much do you use?

The Real Me! said...

A most excellent lesson learned and I may have to apply that myself my friend.
Big hugs to you!!
Kim

Allison said...

Wow! I had no idea...thanks for the tip.

Hairline Fracture said...

I knew vinegar could do a lot of things but not that--I would also like to know how much to use.

sushi_noem said...

Thanks for the great tip. I'm scared of bleach, but I'll have to try the vinegar for dh's shirts. Thanks for the encouragement on my blog. To answer your question, Amelia is four, and I'm sure I have many years of battles ahead. Sorry I haven't figured out how to email re:comments on blogger...

Musings of a Housewife said...

Okay, that is seriously helpful! So how do you add it and how much do you use?

Jensmere said...

Great tip...now give us more details please!!

Now I have learned something this week!!

Bless you!
Susan

Shell said...

Awesome! I had no idea!

Melissa said...

Sorry Ladies...I forgot to add the details!! I use about 1/2 cup with Whites and 1/4 cup with Colors. A little really does go a long way!

Windy said...

I'm going to try it tomorrow when I do the laundry! Vinegar works great for lots of stuff:)