Saturday, April 18, 2009

What I've Been Reading....

Twilight.....
Oh...My....Word!!!
Let me just start off by saying, I have never been a person interested in the whole vampire thing. Yes, like every other kid growing up in the 80's, I watched The Lost Boys, wanted to be just like Jami Gertz, and that was the extent of it. So, when the hype of this book started, I honestly paid it NO mind whatsoever. About a month ago, having dinner at a friends, she was telling me how infatuated she had become with the popular Book Series and offered to lend me her copy of the first volume in the series. I LOVE to read, so I accepted, not sure if I would honestly get around to it. Weeks had passed, and the book was still on the shelf by the front door, where I placed it the night it was lent to me. Then, earlier this week, I had put a call into the Church office, looking to schedule an appointment with my Pastor, when the Church secretary answered. We had grown up in the same circles and I always have a nice time catching up with her. Some how or another, we started talking about reading and she told me about her obsession with Twilight (her own words) She was hysterical how she described her interest, her infatuation, just like many others had testified. So, that night I decided to see what this hype was really about. For those who don't know, these are BIG books. I normally don't let that decide if I will read or not, but it definitely didn't help the situation when I really had NO INTEREST in Twilight! But, moving on...I started to read about 9pm. I was startled, when DH walked in from work, looking at the clock and seeing it was already 10:30pm! Where did the time go? I had indulgently slipped into "Forks County" and was quickly intertwined with Bella's story. I have never read a story written like this before. Never so enticed. So involved. So addicting! The story and accounts of the encounters of Bella and Edward, well the best way I can describe it, took my breath away. Literally. All the accounts I have heard from readers was so ON POINT! I have never felt so involved in a book's characters before. Just when you thought you couldn't or wouldn't read any more of their breathless encounters, there was the next chapter, more heart stopping than the last. I am obviously finished with Twilight, I would never had been able to tear myself away this long talking about them, yes I am referring to them as they were real, if I wasn't done or if I had the 2nd in the series. I am thankfully borrowing it tonight when I return Twilight, because I don't know if I could wait another day to start reading again. Never have I been so involved..so in LOVE with their Love







2 comments:

Lori said...

I'm totally with you on this! I just read it for the first time and has equally obsessed! :)

Sorry to hear that you're taking a blogging break - hope you're back at it at some point~

Shana W. said...

I hear ya!! I am obsessed to. I am rereading the books now. I read each of them in about 2 days the first time. I am going to take it a bit slower this time...lol!