Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mid Stop Summer

All 3 kids ran in our town's Annual 5K




Big Guy's 15th Birthday
(yes, he is wearing a Bow Tie!)


Well, here I am..smack dab in the middle of my summer! Boy what fun we have had so far and so much we have done! This past week we had a BLAST at VBS! I have volunteered as a Crew Leader in the past, but this year I wanted to do more! So, R and I chose to co-lead the Crafts!!! Boy, it was AWESOME! We both said we want to do it again next year! On the closing day, it also was my oldest 15th Birthday! He now has a girlfriend, so they both planned a party for the night. I was a bit nervous, but it went really well! My living room was filled with about 15 teenagers, the dining was filled with family and Penne w/ Vodka Sauce, and some of the girls even joined me in a few games of Yahtzee! All was cleaned up by 11:30, and we were off to bed, looking forward to another busy day to come!
All 3 kids ran in the towns Annual 5K and then Little guy has is first Pop Warner Football practice..one of the many to come! Then after we all re-coup, off to the town's Craft Fair/Festival Day! I wait for those Fried Oreo's all YEAR! And the rest of the crew wait for the firework finale!
Yes, we have had a busy month, but the month of August...........NOTHING! That's right! We still have half of our Summer left (the kids go back to school Sept.8), and we are FREE! I am looking forward to lazy days at the Beach, fun afternoons by the Pool, and mosquito-filled nights on the front porch with friends watching Little guy chase Lightning Bugs!!!
So....Summer HERE I COME!





1 comment:

Susanne said...

Sounds like your summer is going wonderfully. Happy belated bday to your son!